Herb and garlic whole chicken
This recipe is so simple you won’t believe it! With only three ingredients, this is a low cost recipe that will feed the whole family. Like many of our favorites, this one relies on the amazing piece of cooking equipment known as the Instant Pot. If you don’t have one, get one. It will revolutionize your cooking life!
3-4Lb Dobson Farms Whole Chicken (Frozen)
12oz bottle Herb and Garlic Marinade
32oz box Chicken Stock
1. Place frozen whole chicken into Instant Pot on wire trivet.
2. Add Herb and Garlic Marinade and Chicken Stock
3. Ensure silicone sealing ring is clean and in place, and secure lid to Instant Pot. Place pressure relief knob in the center “Sealing” position.
4. Press Manual button and set the timer to approximately 10 min per LB (3.5Lb chicken 35-38 min)
5. Allow approximately 15-20 minutes for Instant Pot to come up to pressure in addition to the set cooking time.
6. When timer finishes, allow pressure to release naturally for 12 minutes, then release any remaining pressure via the pressure relief knob. (CAUTION: Steam can cause severe burns to exposed skin)
7. Remove lid
8. Remove chicken from Instant Pot and pull meat apart with forks and place in serving dish. Top with 1/2 cup of cooking juices and serve
Add Mac and Cheese and two vegetables for a super easy home cooked meal
Serves 4-6 with leftovers
Total Prep Time: <10 min
Total Cooking Time: 65-75 min